Italy, Olbia (OT), June 2019 – Sardinia confirms its position at the top of the premium tourism charts. It is, in fact, on the island that the villas and properties most in demand by VIPs and millionaires from all over the world are concentrated. Among the most sought-after properties in Italy, managed by Engel & Völkers, a world leader in the intermediation of residential and commercial properties of the highest quality and with a yacht and aviation division in the premium segment, as many as 40% are located in Sardinia. A medium-sized villa in the heart of the Costa Smeralda, when the summer season reaches its peak, can cost hundreds of thousands of euros a month.
“There are at least 150 luxury villas, in the Costa Smeralda alone, on the official market, but the number rises a lot if you think of all those villas, always available for rent, but which for obvious reasons are often very private and not advertised – explains Daniela Ciboddo, owner of Engel & Völkers Costa Smeralda – It is important to understand, however, that luxury renting is a business that has exclusive customers but is at the same time a real opportunity to run the entire economy of the territory and create a broad induced. In fact, those who come here on holiday, taking a villa for rent, always ask for a series of additional services such as the presence of specialized staff: cooks, gardeners, personal trainers, etc..”.
But which are the most sought-after villas?
Here is a Photo Gallery with the peculiarities of each, including “H2O”, the villa of Puntaldia chosen by George Clooney for his stay in Sardinia, with his wife and children, during the filming of the TV series “Catch-22”.
2.1) The most spectacular swimming pool: on the ridge of a pink granite hill, stands the swimming pool overlooking the inlet of the exclusive Marina di Porto Cervo.
2.2) The most exclusive pool (Pevero Alto): a stone’s throw from the centre of the emerald nightlife, from this pool, sipping a cocktail, you can admire the beautiful bay of Cala di Volpe.
3) Celebritie’s favorite: It ‘s the favorite of the VIPs thanks to white stucco, sinuous shapes and the exclusive private view of the Marina di Porto Cervo.
4) Total privacy: In Porto Rafael, this villa perfectly embodies the ideal of buen retiro. Immersed in the Mediterranean scrub, it is the ideal place to rediscover calm and peace far from modern everyday life.
5) Iconic Emerald Style: White and fresh interiors, soft and sinuous lines are the typical features of the architecture of the Costa Smeralda. The precious local materials, such as marble and bleached juniper wood, fill the spacious rooms and make the house one with the surrounding area.
6) Full optional (Porto Rafael): for the most demanding. Without renouncing the Mediterranean architectural tradition, the villa offers its guests modern comforts of all kinds: heated swimming pool, wifi, netflix, spotifiy, internal call system, video intercom and much more.
7) Breathtaking view: Overlooking the beautiful colors of the bay of Pevero, the villa offers the opportunity to contemplate one of the landmarks of the Costa Smeralda.
8) Bathroom with view: To enjoy 100% of the view of the bay of Pevero. This residence has made the panorama the undisputed protagonist of every environment.
9) Paparazzo-proof: Surrounded by a private park of about 60,000 square meters and with private access to the sea, this villa in Puntaldia is the ideal solution for those who want to escape the prying eyes. For these reasons, last year George Clooney also chose it as his home during his filming of Catch 22.
10) Design Lovers (Portisco): Not just traditional architecture. The contemporary distribution of the rooms, the pieces of design make this villa in perfect Bauhaus style the perfect choice for lovers of contemporary design.