Fai “unveils” 660 “Wonderful” places in 250 Italian cities


Fai ‘unveils’ 660 treasures. Throughout Italy it will be possible to visit the ‘Treasures’ usually not accessible or little valued among palaces, churches, castles and archaeological sites, where you can access guided by an ‘army’ of 3,800 volunteers of Fai, mostly young people, who will accompany the public through the itinerary of visit at the ‘price’ of an optional contribution, preferably from 2 to 5 euros. The aim of Fai, in fact, is to support with these special openings the campaign of fundraising and membership of the organization, ‘Remember to save Italy’ active until October 31.

From the Palazzo dell’Aeronautica in Rome to the Villa Domiziana in Sabaudia, passing through little known and inaccessible masterpieces such as the Garden and the underground of Babuk in Naples, the Royal Botanical Garden of the Neapolitan city, the Margherita Theatre in Bari and the route of the Murazzi del Po in Turin. Not to mention the Certosa of Parma, the Libraries of Catania, the Palazzo Edison and the Tower of the Prada Foundation in Milan.

In detail, among the ‘gems’ that can be visited, in Rome there is therefore the bunker under the Termini station, a control cabin built by Mussolini in 1936 in anticipation of the Second World War. It was in fact a refuge for railwaymen in the event of bombing. Also in Rome you can admire the presidential train built between 1947 and 1948 by Officine Fs of Prato and Voghera restoring and rearranging 9 of the 12 cars that had already composed the royal train built between 1928 and 1933 for the needs of the House of Savoy.

In Venice, moreover, doors were opened at Ca’ Dolfin, seat of the Ca’ Foscari University, a palace built in the 16th century on foundations dating back to the 9th century. In Savona, the Sant’Agostino prison located in the centre of Savona will open. A complex in which in the second half of the fourteenth century were built the church and the Convent of St. Augustine. Following the suppression of the monastic orders by Napoleonic laws, the convent became a judicial prison that over time has ‘hosted’ illustrious personalities of the anti-fascist struggle as Ferruccio Parri, Carlo Rosselli and Sandro Pertini. A place closed in 2016 and now visible thanks to Fai.

 



Devi essere registrato per inviare un commento Entra o registrati